Approximately 38cm fell in resort at Tignes le Lac (2100m) over Thursday and early Friday, and an incredible 50cm at 3300m on the Grande Motte.
Slow and partial openings on Friday morning, with many lifts expected to remain closed all day due to avalanche risk, which is a dangerous 4/5. Any off-piste skiing except on the gentlest of slopes should be avoided. The roads in and out of town are very slippery, and 4x4 or chains are obligatory. The pavements in town are also very slick, and slip-on crampons are recommended. Better weather is forecast for Saturday.
More Tignes Insights...
- Express shuttle transfers from Geneva to Tignes
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Tignes
- Tignes glacier closed for summer skiing
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Tignes
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20