Tignes is in the middle of a very snowy blizzard at the moment, with lots of snow falling in resort and on the slopes.
The mountain is completely closed today with 100kmph winds at 3000m and 50cm of fresh snow overnight. It is continuing to snow throughout today and well into Saturday so we can expect plenty of avalanche blasting and further safety operations before the mountain reopens!
The forecast is saying that we'll get some sunshine on Sunday afternoon and Monday, after a couple of overcast, snowy days.
Tignes snow reports & dump alerts brought to you by Corinne at Mayhew Snowboarding, a female instructor providing private lessons and group sessions for every level of snowboarder in Tignes and Val d'Isere. Learn more from this British champion and Team GB coach on her Facebook page.
More Tignes Insights...
- Tignes Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Tignes in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Tignes Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Heaps of fresh powder in Tignes
- Tignes Dump Alert - 29th January 2020
- Tignes Dump Alert - 18th January 2020