We have been blessed with absolutely stonking snowfall throughout this early part of the season in Tignes, and the last few days have been no different. A fresh 40cm of snow has fallen in the station with 60cm of fresh snow on higher slopes over the last two days, while another 30cm is expected today and tonight.
The avalanche risk is 4/5 while temperatures are quite cold with -5ºC in Tignes Le Lac. Virtually everything is closed today, with only the lower slopes open. Current snow depths stand at between 166cm and 250cm.
It should be slowly clearing up overnight and tomorrow with great sunny weather and excellent groomer piste skiing conditions previewed for Christmas Day.
More Tignes Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Tignes from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Tignes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Tignes
- Tignes Dump Alert - 6th March 2020