We have been blessed with absolutely stonking snowfall throughout this early part of the season in Tignes, and the last few days have been no different. A fresh 40cm of snow has fallen in the station with 60cm of fresh snow on higher slopes over the last two days, while another 30cm is expected today and tonight.
The avalanche risk is 4/5 while temperatures are quite cold with -5ºC in Tignes Le Lac. Virtually everything is closed today, with only the lower slopes open. Current snow depths stand at between 166cm and 250cm.
It should be slowly clearing up overnight and tomorrow with great sunny weather and excellent groomer piste skiing conditions previewed for Christmas Day.
More Tignes Insights...
- Tignes Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Tignes in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Tignes Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Heaps of fresh powder in Tignes
- Tignes Dump Alert - 29th January 2020
- Tignes Dump Alert - 18th January 2020