Just as forecasted, snow started falling in Tignes on Tuesday night, continuing all the way through Wednesday with just some brief respite when the sun shone through the clouds.
It continued overnight, bringing around 30cm of fresh powder to the Tignes slopes. What's even better is that this is just the beginning of a very snowy few days, with another 35cm of snow on the forecast this afternoon, and then at least another 40cm from today and until Tuesday, making it a total of almost a metre of fresh snow in the next seven days or so.
The sun will shine on Friday, which is set to be a beautiful bluebird powder day. However, the avalanche risk has risen to 3/5 so please stay safe out there!
More Tignes Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Tignes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Tignes
- Tignes Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Tignes Dump Alert - 27th February 2020