After a week of blue skies, the clouds moved in on Sunday evening and the snow started to fall quickly. 24 hours later and it was still coming down thick and fast!
Around 35cm have fallen down in Tignes Le Lac with around 50cm at altitude. Winds mixed with the fresh snow will have created some dangerous layers in the snowpack so that although sunshine and blue skies are forecast for Tuesday, the lifts will be slow to open due to avalanche blasting by the safety patrol.
Up to a metre of fresh snow is forecast later this week, making conditions pretty perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Tignes snow reports & dump alerts brought to you by Corinne at Mayhew Snowboarding, a female instructor providing private lessons and group sessions for every level of snowboarder in Tignes and Val d'Isere. Learn more from this British champion and Team GB coach on her Facebook page.
More Tignes Insights...
- Tignes Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Happy New Year from Tignes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeTignes.com
- Tignes Dump Alert - 23rd December 2019
- Tignes Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- Wonderful week of skiing in Tignes