The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Tignes holding wine tasting sessions.
More Tignes Insights...
- Heaps of powder in Tignes in November 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Tignes
- What's new in Tignes winter 2019/20
- Tignes Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Express shuttle transfers from Geneva to Tignes
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019