The Swiss government has announced that they'll very likely reopen their borders to international travellers on June 15th 2020. Some airlines have jumped at the opportunity and announced that they'll be resuming their flights to Geneva airport on that same day.
On June 15th, Swiss will fly from Geneva to European capitals like London, Dublin, Prague and Moscow, as well as popular summer hot spots in Spain, Greece and Spain. Easyjet, on the other hand, is focusing on beach destinations for their first flights from Geneva airport, including Barcelona, Porto, Lisbon and Nice. Strict safety measures will be put in place, including the regular and thorough disinfection of aircraft, requiring passengers and crew to wear masks as well as making hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes available on board.
With summer lifts in Tignes whirring into action in a few weeks, it's the perfect time to book your break in the Alps and enjoy some fresh air and plenty of sunshine after a long lockdown.
More Tignes Insights...
- Tignes Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Safety measures in Tignes winter 2020/21
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Tignes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Tignes Dump Alert - 27th February 2020
- Tignes in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do