If you're in any doubt about how much snow has fallen in Tignes and the Espace Killy ski area over the last week, then take a look at the photos above.
Up on the Grande Motte glacier the pisteurs set of a controlled avalanche to secure the pistes and as you can see from the photo of the pisteur standing next to the crown of the avalanche, it was huge!
The Grande Motte glacier has been open for skiing since 1st October and will remain open until the first week of May 2017, conditions permitting. Currently the cable car is open from 08:45 to 15:00 and the Funicular from 08:30 to 15:15, giving access to the Dahu, Double M, Face, Glacier and Rimaye pistes.
With this much snow in November it looks set to be a great season!
More Tignes Insights...
- Tignes Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Happy New Year from Tignes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeTignes.com
- Tignes Dump Alert - 23rd December 2019
- Tignes Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- Wonderful week of skiing in Tignes