Tignes is making all the necessary preparations to be open
in early December 2020 in January 2021 (depending on the French government's position), health and travel restrictions permitting.
With the snow already blanketing some of the higher slopes, at the time of writing we're very much hoping we're all going to be able to enjoy the mountains in safety this winter. Tignes is gearing up for the ski lift opening, which is scheduled happen very likely in January. Everyone’s been working really hard to ensure that skiers and snowboarders can use all of the ski area’s facilities and services without having to worry about their health and safety.
The pandemic has become a part of everyone's daily life across the globe and that's no different in Tignes. Throughout these months we've all been dreaming of being able to enjoy the mountains' fresh air and wide open spaces as we shred down the slopes. Lifts and businesses in Tignes are planning on opening this winter to make this dream a reality.
However, it's the governments who have the last word as they're the ones imposing restrictions on travel and mobility. These regulations are changing all the time so, for up to date information, take a look at the following Covid-19-dedicated websites:
- World Health Organisation's (WHO) Coronavirus updates
- Naturally, also check your own country's government website for Coronavirus advice
Read on to learn more about what the resort is doing to ensure everyone's safety this winter.
- Can you ski in Tignes this winter?
- What measures have been taken to ensure everyone's safety on ski lifts?
- Where to stay in Tignes this winter?
- What are businesses in Tignes doing to keep customers safe?
- Are bars & restaurants open in Tignes this ski season?
- Can you travel to Tignes this winter?
- 7 tips to stay safe in Tignes this winter